Wednesday, October 8, 2008

my heart will go on

1. Okra from Mr. Glass
Mr Glass is one of our sweet neighbors. He is probably in his early 80's and he is a hoot. He and his wife have a garden in their back yard and they give us vegetables whenever Jerry comes over to help him with something.


I had never cooked okra so i had Mrs. Glass tell me how to cook it. So i did it just like she said. Fried.




I hardly ever eat anything fried so cooking this was a first. (Well maybe this isn't that big of a landmark because i probably have only cooked 5 legitimate meals in my life.) Anyways it was a vegetable for crying out loud so i figured it could slide under the radar.


And why not eat a hamburger with your fried okra?


Jerry was elated :)

2. Nov 20th
Dawntoya's little baby girl Zip is due on my birthday so i feel like i have special rights to brag about her. :)


3. Titanic
The movie got me again. Seriously, every time I watch it I get my hopes up that this time they will use better wisdom. 'NO, don’t accelerate!! Maybe there are enough lifeboats this time??!!! AGH! I just want Jack and Rose to live happily ever after!! IS THAT TOO MUCH TO ASK FOR???!!!!'

4. Lame
Sorry this post is lame. I have started blogs that are a bit closer to my heart but the words kept falling short. I found myself militantly yelling at them like a drill sergeant, 'STAND UP STRAIGHT!' ' TUCK THAT SHIRT IN!' but they have not cooperated thus far.

Maybe someday.

6 comments:

lecia said...

I LOVE fried okra...well done. Okay that dress you have on in the pic with Dawn is so way cute!

Sum said...

the fried okra and that hamburger look so good!!!! please have one ready for me when I come over saturday. :)

love you!

Elizabeth said...

ok, so now i would like a big stinking hamburger with fried okra!!!! my mouth is WATERING!!!!!!!

Dawntoya and Adam said...

Way to go Lauren!! And way to put up a pic of us, I am totally slacking:(

Ashie Nichole said...

umm, November 20th is my birthday too! yeahhh! :) hehe. Love you and miss you!

Andrea Bowman said...

dangit...i've been wanting to watch titanic again and eric said no because it's dumb. i haven't seen it since it came out and i saw like 50 times in the theater like every other girl in america.