Saturday, October 25, 2008

i am officially getting old...

but i loooved cheering at Oklahoma so you are just going to have to relive all this with me :)

Every other year OU invites the alumni cheerleaders back to cheer at homecoming. Yea! It was so fun! (Um, but here is the part i can NOT believe... This was my THIRD alumni game so that means i have been graduated how many years??? This can not be! Has that much time really passed? Well the answer is yes, and my aching legs and shoulders can attest to the fact that i am pretty far removed from those days!

Anyway enjoy the pics- at least i know mom and dad will :)

The first hour was spent catching up (which means all the girls going around saying to each other "How are you?? You look great!!" and the guys saying to each other "Whoa! You got fat!"

Then we started to "practice"! 
(That's me, Nicole and Laren- we were roommates my junior and senior year.)


This is 'Jelly'- my stunt partner my senior year.

Whooo!


After practice we went to O'Connell's an Irish pub next to the stadium.
This is Rachel, my roommate in the dorms my freshman year :) 
(if those walls could talk!!)

Look who's wearing an OU t-shirt!! (usually a staunch Baylor fan but i have been recruiting!!)


And here we go for a game-day warm up! (getting more sore each min that passed by)


ooh- that's not quite so natural feeling as i remember

last pic before the game- i loved the little alum tee's they gave us :)


PREGAME! i always LOVED pre-game! the crowd was always out of control and there was so much energy in the air i'd have goose bumps

i am kind of blending in with the crown but that's me making an "O!!!!!!!!!!!!" with my freshman year partner Robert


On the way out i made Jerry do a little Pi Phi swing-by :) 
i slept by the window on the top left.  Sooo many memories!

I was going to throw in a few cool pics from back in the day when i was actually cheering (you know, back when i didn't think twice about wearing a skirt the size of a match box and i didn't even know what the word cellulite meant) but i decided that might be a little over the top.  :)  

anyways, Go Sooners!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your Mom and Dad DEFINITELY love this! BOOMER SOONER!!!!! OU would have won against ut if LAUREN had been on the field!

So, Miss Crimson and Cream......should I post pictures when I cheer at Alabama homecoming next week for the CRIMSON TIDE???????

Love, Mom

Kristyn said...

VERY impressive! I cheered YEARS ago in high school, and I'm pretty sure if I tried to do anything like that again I'd dislocate something that would probably never go back!! ;)
Seriously, love all the pictures.

KimBeau Hughes said...

dang girl! looks like you've still got it. thanks for helping me win the other night! i couldn't have done it without you. ;)

Sum said...

love these pics!! I always love the nostalgic drive-bys of old college homes.

Molly Morgan said...

I can't believe you can still just get out there and DO all that!!!!! Ouch!!!!!!!

lecia said...

This is ridiculous Lauren, how do you do that???? It scares me when I think of my little granddaughter you are going to have for me doing this!!!!!!!!

Sarah W said...

Lauren -- you can't title this "i'm officially getting old" when you're doing flips in the air! You've still got it!

Dawntoya and Adam said...

haha, you still dont know what cellulite means sucka! LOVE this....love that you can still do this.

Ashie Nichole said...

GIRL, YOU LOOK GOOD! Look at your doing all that..you make this little cheerleadin' coach proud!! and I loved the picture of you with your little yellow scarf! YOU TOTALLY PULLED IT OFF! Woo!! :) I told you!!

I am about to email you... I love you and MISS you and need to see you!!

LOVE LOVE LOVE YOU!