Tuesday, May 27, 2008

now that's Luscious

before i got married, in fact before i even knew who Jerry was, i would hang out with my girlfriends from the 1031 hub (including Sum, our honorary hub-mate) and talk about a myriad of things (most crossing way over the line). but every now and then we'd talk about what the guy's would be like that we might marry 

it usually went something like, "Dawn, what do you think your husband's gonna say about those ugly boxers you wear all the time?" or "Lauren, do you think your husband will appreciate how those frayed sweatpants go with that retainer?" but often we talked about what we thought was Luscious.

if you don't know what i mean by Luscious you need to look no further than "Diary of a Mad Black Woman" one of our classic faves. while in this movie you could mistakenly take Luscious to mean chiseled abbs and a gorgeous smile, however the true definition (by 1031 standards) looks more like stepping up to the plate and doing what needs to be done with an attitude of commitment, humility and joy.

now let me get back to present day (present day being Memorial Day). my car who's approaching it's 9th birthday let me know with the sad glow of a light that it's alternator and serpentine belt were about to go out. 
as in right now. 
luckily "now" took place under our car port-
where my husband was able to work on it.
in the middle of the hot day.
for hours.
and fix it.



now that's Luscious.

ps. i would like to give a loud shout out to Kevin Bailey who loving came over to bear with my husband in the hot sun. watch out ladies, that move was also Luscious!

10 comments:

Molly Morgan said...

I've just added a new word to my vocabulary! "Luscious"
You gotta love it!!!!!!!

Sum said...

I love how you are bringing the word "luscious" to the masses. Everyone should know about this. Jerry IS a luscious hubby! ok, now I feel a little oogie, saying that about him!

p.s. I think I cried harder than y'all did when I turned in my key to apt 1031 and said goodbye.

Ashie Nichole said...

i need to get me a "lucious" man.... let's be on the lookout sister! ;0)

Nat Pat said...

way to go, jer! josh just replaced our brake light for $4 so i will let him know he qualifies for Luscious status.

Anonymous said...

I feel so honored!

- Kevin

Dawntoya and Adam said...

:) I love the things we talked about and the words created in that apartment...I think we could have our own 1031 dictionary. I remember I even had pastors asking me what qualified as a luscious:) haha...Every girl needs one:)

The Ice House said...

Praise God for his ability to give the gift of humble-Jesus-lovin'-"Luscious"-men!!!
(who take out the trash, amongst other home-depot-ish, manly things!!)
1 chron 16: 8 & 9
Give thanks to the LORD, call on his name; make known among the nations what he has done.
Sing to him, sing praise to him;
tell of all his wonderful deeds.

elizabeth engelhardt creations said...

We are about to change our serpentine belt too...Glad to know it's an easy thing for us (Gabe) to do.

That Kevin Bailey is one great guy to come over and help out. I've known him for 15 years...he's a keeper, if we could find a girl who could catch him!!

Anonymous said...

Yay for a new word. My hubby definitely qualifies for as being Luscious-ness. :)

The Lancasters said...

Hey Lauren! It was good to hear from you on this.....sorry about the accidental email I sent to you :) It may happen again I'm sure!