Sunday, April 27, 2008

weeks in pics

so i have been meaning to post what we did for our anniversary for weeks now (thanks for asking Kristen!) but that will have to be put on hold once again. why the delay? well i got a new camera (yippee!!!). just as we headed out on our trip my old camera sadly bit the dust for good. she had been showing signs for weeks and, fight though she may, her time had come to an end. Jerry, knowing my passion for blogging, swung into the Best Buy parking lot and put a big smile on his wife's face.
i offered to just get a a throwaway Kodak and said i could make that work with my blog- but we all know that was a lie. i would be a picture-less blogger and would have had to upgrade my blog to one of the intellectual types that doesn't need pictures to stand on it's feet - and i just don't know that i could pull that off. so all that to say, i am very behind on posting some fun events due to putting off figuring out my new camera (which really only took 2 seconds once i sat down to look at it). so here you are for your viewing pleasure:

Our little nephew- sorry for the lack of focus and sorry for the lack of pictures. my camera skills were at an all time low that night.

Jerry's work had a party at the Lone Star Park horse races. it was quite interesting because that was the night we had all that real bad hail. so rather then leaving early we all sat and waited out the storm which made for a long night. and can i just say, i even impressed myself with my small talk ability. unfortunately i am usually a mute at these events but God graced me with some generic sentences and it was really a fun night! ---GO!

the next fun event was my sister's 30th birthday party! whooo hooo! this cake was aaah-mazing!

here's Jer and Stephen- i though this was a good pic :)

and the whole fam :) we had so much fun! sorry to the other guests who aren't photographed. i don't think they'll miss being on my blog though :) (clearly my hair was struggling)


the next night one of Jer's best friends, John, got engagged! yea!

and here's John feeling like quite the man of mans! ha!


me and mel and tess getting some catch up time at Hotel Palimar during the festivities. they are too cute, are they not?!

that's it for now!

ok and i know that i don't have to become a photo-less blog but i will go ahead and try to write something of note in the future. life isn't all photo updates- but they are always fun!! :)

6 comments:

Molly Morgan said...

Yes - love the photos!

Dawntoya and Adam said...

Wow, John got engaged!!!!! Crazy, crazy!!! Aw:) so fun:) I need to know whats going on...I thought your hair was brown, did you add some highlights?>?

Elizabeth said...

looks like you had some great fun!!

Andrea Bowman said...

yes...pokey o's! it's like my two favorite things combined! cookies and ice cream

Sum said...

cute little family!

and yeah for a new camera!!

The Ice House said...

thats a fun pic of me you and Tess!