Monday, March 30, 2009

The iPhone Itch

Some how I have managed to steer clear of the iPhone craze mainly because I didn't see the need.

But what once was simple has now become complex and I need the sanity of my fellow bloggers to keep me from jumping over the edge... or push me over altogether.

Here are the facts:

Fact: I get lost more than anyone I know (depsite being a Dallas resident all my life) and in these times of lostness I can't seem to get my go-to people on the phone (Sister, Husband, Mom). Thus I end up in tears somewhere between a one-way street and a missed right turn. The twilight zone does exist.

Fact: The iPhone has a GPS

Fact: My iPod went ka-put a while back so I don't have one of those

Fact: The iPhone IS an iPod

Fact: We have a stero system that only plays an iSomething. No radio/CD's/Tapes. The only iSomething we have is Jerry's phone which means I can only listen things to when A.) Jerry is home and B.) not on the phone. Are you feeling me? 
(Do people still use the term 'stereo system' now-a-days? Sounds a little 90's to me)

Fact: I sit at my desk most of the day so I have no need for a phone that does anything but ring 90% of my life

Fact: The reason iPhone DOES all these cool things is because you PAY for it... we can not forget that part $$

Fact: I think Looped looks fun!!!!


So here are your voting options:
A.) Purchase an iPhone
B.) Purchase an iPod 
C.) Sit contentedly and enjoy the quiet

THOUGHTS??????!!!

17 comments:

lecia said...

Being a fellow directionally challenged individual I say purchase the iphone....another pro for that is you only have to carry one thing not a phone and ipod...

Sarah W said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sarah W said...

so I guess you've already ruled out getting a boom box. darnit.

well, in that case go for the iPhone. You kinda need that GPS unit.

Finally an Abrigg..... said...

iPhone!!!!!! It's amazing and i've had mine for a year and a half. Loopt is fantastic.

Natasha Baker said...

You are already overpaying for your nokia 1990, so I think you should get an iPhone! That's my final answer.

Kristyn said...

iphone for sure! I love mine and I was skeptical like you....and just not a techno person! but now of course I wonder how I lived without it! ;)
Let us know when you get one and we can be LOOPT friends!!!

Sum said...

let's be honest, no matter what we all vote, you will for sure get an iphone. I can tell you have the itch. :)

Plus, I will sleep eaiser knowing you have a GPS. I have one on my blackberry and LOVE it. DO IT DO IT.

Ashie Nichole said...

Girl, DO IT.

1. Let's face it. You need a new phone. You are kind of still living in the 90s due to your current phone.
2. You can get all the cool apps on it!! SO GREAT!
3. GPS=The perfect reason to get one.
4. JUST DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love you:)

Anonymous said...

I have been an anti-gadget person for most of my life, and truly this phone changed things for me! I love it! I say get it. ~Megan

Molly Morgan said...

Bill is trying to get me an iPhone as well! I am holding out. So, please get one and let me know the REAL scoop!

Kentsten said...

No questions, get the iPhone. All the reasons you listed are valid, and when you get one you will find hundreds more reasons of why it's valid. :)

Rachel said...

Go for the iphone, I don't believe you will regret it!

Dawntoya and Adam said...

i wanted one to, but my hubby reigned me in...i would say though go to att.com and upgrade your phone and pay $99 for a refurb one instead of $200...

The Hunters said...

hey lauren
i'm pretty sure by now you've already purchased your iphone. i'm sure you'll love it!

Anonymous said...

I'm amazed how much I enjoy my Iphone!
Stephen showed me my favorite app--for my grocery list!!
Cynthia

Lainey-Paney said...

I'm techno-challenged.
Hubby has a blackberry...or a palm pilot...or maybe just a "palm" {b/c it's so cool it dropped the "pilot" part}...I dunno. I just call it his "magic-space-phone" b/c I don't even know how to dial a phone number on there.

I was all pumped when I got a cell phone that had a camera on it. {of course, the camera SUCKS so I never use it...}

But, what's that you say, Cynthia? A grocery store list??? Right there on your phone? I do enjoy a good grocery list....{hey, I'm not playin'....I go to the store...and Megan can vouch for me---when I'm there, whoah-buddy, I'm shoppin'!!!}

...I vote get the phone. I'm just sayin'.

Anonymous said...

Hi, I'm Bre and you already know my answer. ;-)