Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Jerry finally put his foot down

this is what we did last weekend.



while waiting for the aftermath of Ike to hit Dallas, Jerry and i decided to drive over to the Shops at Highland Village. on the way over there we had a near collision [emphasis on the word 'near' people!]. i was driving and Jerry was in the passenger seat with his right foot up in the dash board (tacky, i know).


when i made a left turn cutting it a little to close to oncoming traffic for Jerry's comfort, he slammed his foot into my windshield (you know the imaginary break that all passengers use, at least when riding with me.


well the glass cracked as we swerved by a mini van
jerry let some colorful words fly
i let some colorful words fly
he yelled asking me what i was thinking?
i yelled asked him what was he thinking!
then we both died laughing
and finally we settled into the slight depression that always follow an unexpected expense.


but i guess for a weekend that promised to hold a lot more destruction, a cracked windshield's not to bad.


so anyway, eyes on the road and hands at 10 and 2 from now on. i promise...

5 comments:

Hayley B said...

um...that completely made my day! hahahaha and I would just like to say that Cody and I both have MASSIVELY cracked windshields, and as long as the crack does not connect from one end to the other of the window...it is totally legal...welcome to the ghetto club my friend :)

Lindsey Brittain said...

Knowing the two of you....I can totally see this story unfolding in my mind....and outside of the having to pay for a new windshield...it made me laugh.

Always love your stories Lauren. =)

The Taylor's said...

oh man that is how Casey rides... and I am equally a risk-taking driver like you. I believe Summer even told me once "You drive like Lauren!!!" I'll be sure to watch our for windshield braking and breaking!

Sum said...

oh my gosh. How am I just now seeing this blog? This is hilariious!!

and I admit I totally have said that to Chavon. I love both of you dearly, but I offer up prayers for protection sometimes when I ride with you guys. :)

Nat Pat said...

ha ha ha! this made me smile! i mean, sorry for your windshield but i can just picture this playing out in my mind. you described it so well.