Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Caillou and other things

no real theme to this post... and i always like a good theme.

between this post and the last i watched Kite Runner.  movies like that really stick to me a couple of days and make my thoughts churn.  they make me so thankful that we have a perfectly wise God who is fully just and fully merciful. How amazing is that?!  Praise Jesus that He would even deal with us! Ugh, some of those scenes ripped my heart right out. 

moving on

this weekend we got together with Jerry's family. as always it was a blast!  i didn't take many pics but here's one i thought was funny- apparently Caillou is appealing to all ages. 

Little Huddie!  (um and the unfinished cabinets) 

right now Jer and i are watching the Republican National Convention. poor Jer, i make him rewind lot and explain things, which he mostly does very graciously, but every once in a while i will get a, 'babe, maybe if you'd quit blogging and pay attention!'

not to go off on a political tangent but my favorite quote so far hasn't come from Obama, Hillary, John, Sarah or George but from my husband while watching the Democratic National Convention, "i have laughed more watching this than watching Seinfeld!"

anyways, below are a few final beach pics.  

this picture may not reflect it but these are Double-red-flag waters which means under no conditions should you get in the water...  unless you are named Jerry Williams, then by all means, go ahead and wind surf after the lifeguard has gone home.


Jer, Dad and Scott in front of another favorite restaurant, Hamilton's (aka: Stuffmyface)

Dad and Jer fighting the undertow, me from the safety of the umbrella- although i did venture out there everyday


i like this one of Jer.  Should i start a photo business? ;)

i love the beach because it's like a constant pedicure.  that perfect white sand gently smoothing my tired heals.  quite the metaphor really.

thanks mom and dad for letting us tag along! we love you both!!

6 comments:

Dawntoya and Adam said...

Adam and I have been keeping up with the conventions, but tonight my poor honey was so bored that he fell alseep after that Thompson guy said Mccain drove a corvette and dated a stripper. Not sure he will make it through the week:) always good to see an update!

Sum said...

only Jerry would swim after the life guard had gone home.

Anonymous said...

I love the picture of them watching t.v. on the couch. Little Rhett is one of the boys!

Megan

Anonymous said...

I second Megan, love that pic on the couch!

lecia said...

It has always amazed me how Jerry has always been the exception to danger rules...on beaches, ski slopes, go cart tracks, ...it doesn't matter. But of course if you question him you get "mom (babe in your case) I can't help it if the other people don't have my skills"!

Elizabeth said...

looks like a great time at the beach. caillou is not all that appealing to me. we watched it for a while, but i feel like he does too much 'baby talk', so we stopped watching...+ i haven't seen it in a while on pbs.