Saturday, March 15, 2008

just an update- nothing profound

What great weather for a weekend! Friday Jer and I made lunches and took sandwiches to the park. There was a big pond and almost no one else was there except the occasional joggers who trotted by us at a distance. Jerry fished and I read. I love watching jerry fish cause I know that every cell in his body is happy. He is the picture of contentment :) he didn't catch any fish though; come to think of it he has never caught a fish when I am there. He said maybe it was the schizophrenic temperature that had something to do with them not biting or maybe all the turtles in the pond finally ate them all up but I am beginning to think that I am bad luck!

We got some good 'talk time'. It’s so nice getting out of the apartments and away from the usual tasks of life- even if it's just for a couple of hours. It’s good for the soul. We laid under this big tree and watched the bees pollinate it. Then, in typical lauren fashion, I told Jer it was time to go cause I had to pee. So we packed it up and drove up to Bahama Bucks for some yummy snow cones. I got strawberry-grape which turned out to be the best combo I have had yet... it also turned out to be all over my white tee. Whoops. Anyways, on with the day.

We went back to get cleaned up for a dinner with a couple who live downtown. Jer had a loan app at 5:30 so I just rode down to work with him and killed time why he worked by... getting a manicure AND a pedicure. I tell you if that is not blog worthy nothing is. I mean it was wonderful. My toes were tore UP before that! When I look at my shiny pink toes I praise the Lord... you would too if you'd have seen my toes that had been in hibernation all winter. So on to Blue Fish. You know I rarely find a sushi roll that I don't like but there is something to be said for a good ole California roll. Classic perfection if you ask me. Afterwards as if we weren't full enough we went to some place called Pokey O's where you pick out two cookies and ice-cream and they smash it in a sandwich for you! Yum. Why must I adore ice cream?

Saturday I woke up early and went to Recovery. It was great as usual. Jerry and I killed the day by more relaxing until he had to leave me to do parking at the church. I met him up there at 5 it also was great as usual. After that I left to meet up with my girl friends from high school for our monthly girls night. This month we were celebrating Taylor's birthday and went to the Mercy Bar. Jenny had a grilled green apple and cheese sandwich that I am going to try and make at home this week for Jer and I. She said it was amazing and it looked yummy.

Sunday Jer and I had to take my little car to get the oil-changed cause the oil light came on and there was ZERO oil in my car. It wasn't even due for a change! Bummer.

Now I am taking a break from a major spring-cleaning. I mean I was even washing the walls. Whew! I am worn out!

Anyways, I don't know why I felt the need to type a long blog about nothing! Hope it wasn't too boring to read! just felt like typing :) the dryer is buzzing so i must go!

7 comments:

Ashie Nichole said...

have i mentioned that i loooovvee youuu!! :) and your toes did look pretty yesterday in your cute lil sandals!! :)

Molly Morgan said...

I love blogs like this - seeing what others do together...killing time...being together. I'm ready for pink toenails too!

Sum said...

fun weekend!

p.s green apple and grilled cheese?? interesting.

Dawntoya and Adam said...

Well, I like the ends and outs of your days. So sad that we didnt get to talk and sorry I sounded mean when you called...I had just woke up from a nap and was groggy:( LOVE YOU!!! I LOVE POKEY O'S!!! Like a fat kid I would sneak over there secretly sometimes!!

Bex said...

I LOVE THIS!!! so relaxxxxxxxxxing.

Kentsten said...

We're blog twins now. This sounds like an amazing weekend!!! Glad you put in all the details.

Courtney Hofmann said...

i loved this post! your weekend sounds so fun and i loved hearing you describe jerry's contentment when he fishes. isnt it a joy to watch our husbands do something they love? and what park did ya'll go to because dj loves fishing! i need to take him there sometime. annnnd thanks for the pokey o's link- that'll be a fun date for us to go on!