Saturday, September 29, 2007

Oh GLORIOUS daaaaaaaay!

Preface
Unless you have experienced this you are not going to feel my joy.

Forward
So right after we got married Jer and i were donated a Maytag washer and dryer by his sweet grandmother who was updating her own set. The dryer was old and the washer even older but to a newly married couple they were gold!

Crisis
Well low and behold the younger of the set blew up.

Note to the reader
This was seriously devastating for me not being a person who likes to iron. I was so spoiled by that dryer- just throwing things in for a few minutes to shake the wrinkles out.

Character Development
Let me list out for you a few more "joys" of my tribulation:
*Trudging back and forth- rain or shine- to the apartment laundry mat
*Starting a load of wash at night only to realize we just have two (of the three) quarters on hand
*The miraculous weight gain of clothes soaked with water (this usually forced me to enlist the strength of my husband)
*Wondering if your clothes would actually be dry this time when you picked them up
*Wondering if your clothes would be shrunk when you picked them up
*Wondering if your clothes would be there at all when you picked them up

Climax
Today my father in law (in from Alabama) and my brother in law (in from Oklahoma) came over to saturate them selves with football AND take a look at our dryer to see if a Maytag memorial needed to be held or if a resurrection attempt might be made. Well in my anxiety over the future of our little Maytag i did what any other girl would do- I went to the mall. And guess what... after a rather complicated wire transplant and lots of love and prayer... our little May was REVIVED!!!!!!!

Resolution
So as i type little May is humming a long! Way to go Dr. John!!!!!

Foot note
It really is the little things in life :)

5 comments:

Courtney Hofmann said...

hey girly! i like you and had fun at lunch in the park last week. we should hang out soon :)

Bex said...

this is so great! :) lil' may is alive.

Sum said...

this is AMAZING!!!!!

Kentsten said...

When did you get so creative?? Great post!!

Nat Pat said...

long live the Maytag sisters!
fun post :)