Sunday, February 1, 2009

Lists of Things

Things I am enjoying while Jerry is out of town fishing:
1.  Being able to park smack dab in the middle of the garage
2.  Being able to turn my heating blanket up to full blast when I go to sleep at night
3.  Hmm, yep, that's it.  COME HOME HUSBAND!

Things I have been obsessing over in my fridge/pantry:
1. Almond stuffed olives.  Don't even really like olives but these are irresistible.
2. Blue cheese.  A few weeks ago I made blue cheese stuffed turkey burgers and fell in love with the flavor.  
3. Smoked Gouda.  Why did I waste most of my life without trying this?  Why wasn't there intervention?? Are you not my friends?
4. Cinnamon.  I have been putting this on anything remotely sweet; coffee, toast, cereal, ice-cream. Yummm

Things I have been doing with my spare time:
1.  Cleaning out and organizing all my pictures.  This is a CHORE.  Right now I have pictures from all time periods in random nooks and crannies of my house and car.  It's time for some adult organization.  I am only in the beginning stages of this but hope to finish by this time next week... we'll see.
2.  Painting.  I fell in love with a painting that was expensive so I though I would just try and paint it.  Is this the picture of over-ambition?  Probably.  Anyways yesterday I sat down on my kitchen floor and gave it a go.  (That's the one and only bonus to hating your floral print kitchen floor- you can paint on it and not worry too much about making it look bad).  Well the picture I was trying to emulate was an abstract and my finished product looks decisively literal. Oh well.  Maybe Jerry will like it :)

In closing I would like to apologize for the lack of photos.  I can't seem to find the cord that hooks to my laptop.  Probably in a nook somewhere with aged photos.

9 comments:

Kristyn said...

Hey! Thanks for your comment on our blog. Do you need the cinnamon coffee recipe, or are you just doing it from memory?
oh the pictures...I sooo need to do this. Not only do I need to organize the pictures in random boxes but also the pictures that are ON MY COMPUTER. wow.

lecia said...

I love cinnamon on ice cream and apples heated in the microwave...try it....can't wait to see you soon!

Unknown said...

I want you to make me that blue cheese turkey burget. STAT!!!

Unknown said...

burget = burger

Dawntoya and Adam said...

1. Is the bleu cheese turkey burger recipe a Rachel Ray? I have made some and LOVE them! It makes me want to make them but Adam says he is only eating fish and salad for 2 weeks:(
2. mmmm smoked gouda!
3. I LOVEEEE that you would think to just try to paint the original!!
4. Sorry Jerry is gone! Adam just got home after 6 days and I was so sad!

Rachel said...

I want some of these recipes and the almond stuffed olives, is this something you buy or did you make this too? You sound like quite the cook!

My hubby is traveling too and I too love parking in the middle of the garage. ;-) But other than that I miss him too!

Anonymous said...

Eat a cinnamon chip scone from Starbuck's for me!! They don't have them here in California. :(

Molly Morgan said...

Cinnamon is my favorite spice! I also want to see your picture. Take a picture and post!

Susan said...

Lauren,
You really have a funny sense of humor...enjoyed reading your list journal.

Susan