Sunday, October 28, 2007

behind on blogging... feel over whelmed!! :)

RED REV
Well Bex's page has most the details and Dawn's page has even more but i will tell you it was a great weekend. road tripping with Bex was everything you'd think it would be and getting some QT with Dawn made me a happy little bee. blessed to call them both my friends
STAFF RETREAT
what can i even say! i am am so blessed to be apart of this crazy group of people we call the Village staff. the retreat was restful, encouraging and FUN! gosh what to even write!!!?? we started off our trip amidst a massive rain poor waiting for the buses that were running a "little late". but there must be something bonding about being cold, wet and stuck in the Martin building because it really was fun and i wouldn't have changed anything



once we got to the beautiful open aired camp we ate lunch and kicked off the Krapu football tournament. i must say, the Kaizen way paid off, i caught a touch down pass and led our flag football team to win the Championship! ok we all know that's code for "i got lucky on a 'pity pass' and spent the rest of the game trying to keep out of the way haha! i was proud of myself though considering all my action in the first game consisted of me trying to get my belt on right but whatever! really it was a miracle that no one died. seriously.
photo by bex... laughing hysterically at me.
here's a pic of a few of my roommates for the week. look how cosy we are!! i love these two girls! so fun! (yes we are total nerds and completely ok with that.)

being together with out work to do you get to learn every one's quirky habits and hidden talents. here are a few: seriously funny Mafia narrating abilities, seriously good Mafia straight face abilities, fabulous hair cutting, gifted (and not so gifted, ahem JP) worship leaders, death defying enzone catches, the best flag football trash talkers, eagle-eyed referees, get-a-bloody-nose-and-keep-going girl foot ball player, marathon sleepers, awesome Aerosmith impressionist, sweet servants and coffee re-heaters, and the list goes on. who knew we were so talented?!
wish we could have stayed longer.

6 comments:

Sum said...

I love you and miss you. the retreat looked so fun.

you are the cutest as a football player ever!

Dawntoya and Adam said...

Lauren,
I am dying at your football picture! I don't care how you got it, YOU WON THE CHAMPIONSHIP!!! That retreat sounds too fun. You seriously are apart of the best staff there ever was! LOOOOVE YOU!

Kentsten said...

Awww, that looks really fun! I wish I was in that bed reading for hours...that sounds AMAZING!

Bex said...

:) i love you!!! i hope you don't go through withdrawals now that you don't see me 24/7.

Kristyn said...

Love all the pics!
Staff retreat looked like a blast! J said he really enjoyed it as well!

Michael said...

Lauren!
Well, you've left 3 messages on my blog so i thought I would at least leave one. ha
i love that picture of you in bed with mack and sexybexy. cool but weird...a little too close maybe.