Tuesday, June 9, 2009

L.O.D.

is for Long. Over. Due.

Jerry and I went on a cruise in April!!

(I haven't been able to muster up the umphf to wrestle with loading photos on Blogger. I think my little Apple is past her prime so I have to be in a very patience state of mind to upload.)

Anywho, here are some pics. This is our first full day on the boat. Jerry is on the "Flow-rider." It's a simulated wave that goes so fast it will have grown men flying through the air like little tots.

LOTS of wipe-outs.

Quite the entertainment.



Next Jerry and his dad played in the super-serious, ever-popular Dodge Ball Tournament.

They definitely looked the coolest. Matching bandanna's = SCARY :)



Here's Jerry and his mom at one of the jazz clubs that night..

Our first port- Labadi, Haiti. So lush!


Here we are on the beloved hammock. Sadly Jerry didn't move from this spot once all day because he was sick. :(

Ah, pretty Labadi!

Next stop- Ocho Rios, Jamaica!

For an excursion we climbed up a waterfall!

I wish I could post the pics but every one is hilariously awkward because we are all in swim suites; legs and arms flailing.

Seriously, I could not believe they let people do this! We didn't even sign a waiver! One false move and crack goes your skull! "No worries" in Jamaica though, I guess..

This pic is at the top of the falls..


(Please do not judge the shoes.)

(They made you.)

(And I enjoyed them.)

After this day (with all the waterfall climbing and what-not) Jerry went from feeling bad to REALLY bad.

See. :(

But he survived.

And even busted out some smooth-moves to "Staying Alive" later that night.

Next stop- Grand Camen Island!

This stop was a favorite of the group. B-E-A-U-tiful water. Blue and clear even WAY far out. I road a jet-ski, John and Lecia para-sailed, and John and Jerry sailed a catamaran..


Final stop- Cozumel!

This one was my favorite stop. We rented scooters and drove around the island.

Ahhhhhh, so wonderful! You could smell the tropical flowers and watch the huge waves crash on the rocks while zipping along the road.

I love you beach!


And our final day on the boat I went for it on the Flow-rider!

(And I also ate it on the Flow-rider seconds after)..



Such a great trip. Beautiful world.

the end.

sniff
sniff. sniff.

6 comments:

Megan said...

Poor Jerry! He looks so sad in his mask!

I really wish we could have gone with you, it looks like it was so much fun!

lecia said...

and i thank you for not posting the swimsuit flailing arms and legs pictures:) what a fun trip that was!

Kristyn said...

that looks like an AMAZING trip! wow! love all the pictures!! I have the same problem with blogger...and always have to be patient in uploading pictures. maybe that's why i haven't put up pictures of our chicago trip in October! shame on me.
okay, so jason found out that your mom works at mont blanc ??? and is already talking to me about a certain christmas gift! ha! so i may need to chat with you. he lost his only MB pen 2 years ago and hasn't been the same since! ;)

Molly Morgan said...

What fun!!!! I am living through you vicariously.
Love
M

Sum said...

I can only look at this blog shortly, because my desire to be sitting on a beach + your pics = my day in a gray office almost unbearable.

(ok, dramatic, but wahhhhh! I want to live on a hut by the beach!)

Hayley B said...

haha I wish I could have seen all the wipe outs on the flo rider!!!! looks like a blast! Sorry Jer was sick though...poo