Sunday, February 10, 2008

recent fun events

In recent weekends Jer and I convinced two of our favorite couples to bring on the babysitter and hit the town with us. Both these mom's and dad's are such great parents and i admire their commitment to loving and caring for their children. When ever i have kids (Lord willing) i will definitely be calling up these two women to cry, laugh and hound them with questions!

Below are Grant, Sarah, Jer and I at a YUMMY hibachi grill! How can you not love all those hibachi tricks! i always eat twice my weight at those places- i just can't resist!

Another night we went out with Trevor and Erynn the couple who has the Melt Your Heart Cutest Little Sisters EVER! Twice a month we head over to their house to spend time with them and study the bible and worship together. It's so fun! The girls (one 2 and the other 4) "lead" us in worship songs usually Joy to the World or Amazing Grace... unless they get confused and suggest "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star". SO CUTE! anyway we stole Trevor and Erynn away for an awesome night at the Cheesecake Factory followed by a Stars game (thanks Mark!).


Other fun events consist of one of the loves of my life getting engaged! It was a great night and i must say KH you looked beautiful- definitely got that 'engaged glow'!

Another fun highlight was getting some QT with my mom at the mall! so fun :) we ate at the California pizza kitchen and covered the whole mall stopping at our favorite shops. MOM we need to take more pictures! here's an older one just to give a shout out.

i can show off one of the items we got though! A fun red dress from the beloved Forever 21 to wear to Cassie's wedding. i got it with a gift card that i'd had for over a year... then i got a shirt from Anthropology with a gift card that i'd had since December 2004!!! What is wrong with me! i am such a gift card hoarder!!

Ok, till the next picture down load...!

11 comments:

lecia said...

enjoyed your blog and pics! Here is what stood out to me....you actually have and can find a gift card from 2004...you are the most wonderful and seriously needed gift God has ever given my son...

Bex said...

You look beautiful! I didn't know you went to a hockey game!!! SO funnnnn!!!

Ashie Nichole said...

you can never go wrong with your finds at Forever 21 or Anthropolgie!! Two of my faves!! :) Love you girl, you look beautiful in the pics!!!!

Sum said...

it gives me joy that you FINALLY used those giftcards. :))

p.s. you are hot.

Molly Morgan said...

Love hearing and seeing your events ... that's why stores love to give gift cards...people forget to use them...so the stores get that much more profit!!! USE THOSE GIFT CARDS PEOPLE!!!!!!

Finally an Abrigg..... said...

Love your red dress alot!!!

Dawntoya and Adam said...

LAUREN!!! I love seeing you guys lives!! SO FUN!!! Oh my goodness, you are the longest gift card holder ever! All the shower dresses you've had to buy!! Goodness!! Okay, I love you. Glad you laughed at my blog:) I wanted to give you and Jer a little shout out.

Hayley B said...

You are BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!! talk time this week. Sorry I wasn't able to call you back before NYC. I will call you this week probably in the evening that way you won't be at work :) LOVE YOU

The Ice House said...

yay for old school gift cards!! Just found one this morning to Salt Grass so Jamey and I are going to eat out! woo hoo!
P.S. You looked way hot in your red dress!!

Nat Pat said...

we've gotta go to another hibachi grill soon!

Kentsten said...

UM, WHEN ARE THE HEARTBUTT PICTURES MAKING THEIR APPEARANCE ON YOUR BLOG!! I AM GOING TO COME STEAL YOUR CAMERA AND POST IT ON MINE IF YOU DON'T ACT FAST!

yes, this is a threat.